About this tour
It is one other route that will offer you to see part of the county side in many angle as you drive through some villages before arriving in the start gate.
- Park entrance fees, camping fees, rescue fees, forest fees for all the climbers whom are hiking via lemosho route or rongai route, support crew and guides fees.
- Pick-up on the arrival date from kilimanjaro airport to hotel in moshi as well drops off at the end of your tour in tanzania at kilimanjaro airport.
- All the meals while on mountain three meals a day
- Two nights’ accommodation in moshi or arusha bed and breakfast, double room or single room at hotel, cooking equipment and eating utensils
- Sleeping tent 2 person for 1 tent with enough space in side, mess tent chairs table lighting gas for eating for the whole trekking tour support crew and guides sleeping tent.
Does not include
- Both dinner in the hotel before trekking and after trekking tour, items of personal natural
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic drinks and non alcoholic drink at the hotel
- Tips to the guides, chef, and porters
Drive around local villages surrounding Mt Kilimanjaro to rongai Gate (2-hrs drive to reach park gate, 2020mt (6565Ft.).
Here you will spend half an hour for registration and Permit for your climb after this procedure you will start your trekking Walk through the rain forest to Campsite known as Simba Campsite(3-4hrs, 2700mt) 8775ft) Dinner overnight stay.
After Breakfast Walk up through giant heathers and moor lands to Campsite at Kikelewa campsite - near Kikelewa Cave (5-6h, 3650mt) 11862Ft) Dinner overnight stay.
After breakfast Walk towards the jagged pinnacles of Mawenzi and Campsite by Mawenzi Tarn Hut, the last section is fairly steep, (3-4h, 4330mt) 14073Ft) dinner overnight stay.
Time: 3-4 hrs
This is a fairly gradual walk as it mainly follows the saddle, and it is also possible to go from Mawenzi Tarn hut to school hut 4750Mt( 15438Ft) and from there to Uhuru peak, Gain the Saddle and walk across this desert of screen to a campsite not far from Kibo hut (4-5hrs, 4731mt).
Very early in the morning right after mid night clock turn to12:00AM start the final section of this trekking you have been in to for the summit on steep screen up to Gillman's Point (5hrs, 5681mt) on the crater rim, continue further via the crater rim to Uhuru Peak (45min-1h, at 5895mt).
After summit descend to the same campsite where you left during the night for breach and short rest before you continue descent further down to Horombo campsite for dinner and overnight total walking time for this long day about 12hrs.
Distance: Ascending to the Summit 5km/ after summit 5Km Down to Kibo hut from the summit, 10km down to Horombo hut.
Time: 3hrs down to Kibo hut from the summit and further downhill to Horombo Hut 3-4 hrs while you are increase Oxygen dinner overnight Horombo Hut.
End of trekking. Congrats :)
Our meeting point
We are open for many options depending on your flight and where you prefer to stay. Below are some options, and we can chat over our first meet point to welcome you!
1. Kilimanjaro Airport
2. in Arusha city
3. or in Moshi city
We can also help you organise buses from Nairobi or Arusha Airport. (Small fee may apply) Please let us know how we can help you
Since we understand that planning ahead isn't always easy, to provide you with the best experience, we offer free-cancellation up to one week before departure. No questions asked.
For details, click here