About this tour
This is a great Route for those people who are familier with a some hiking experience in high altitudes. We wouldn't say it's an easy climb - especially the summit day. We'll help you the best to get you to the top through the toughest route!
- Park entrance fees, hut fees, rescue fees, support crew fees.
- Two ways transfer from the hotel in moshi to starting point on the mountain entrance gate and return to moshi after your trip up kilimanjaro where you will end-up with your tour at descent gate.
- Pick-up on the arrival date from kilimanjaro airport as well drops 0ff at the end of your tour in tanzania kilimanjaro airport.
- Three meals a day while on mountain,
- Two nights’ accommodation in moshi keys annex hotel bed and breakfast, double room or single room.
- On the camping routes:
- Cooking equipment and eating utensils
- Clients tent size 2 person in one tent, mess tent, chairs, table lighting gas and support crews tent.
Does not include
- Tips for the guides, porters and chef
- Both dinners at the hotel before trekking and after trekking
- Items of personal climbing gears
- Traveling insurance
- Alcoholic drinks and non alcoholic drink at the hotel
- Sleeping mats on the camping routes
Drive to Umbwe Gate at 1600m( 5249Ft).from where a forestry track leads through natural rain forest to a narrow and steep forested ridge and the first campsite by some rock overhangs at 2940mt,(9646Ft (5-6h) Dinner overnight stay.
After breakfast Continue till the forest ends and the path continues along a spectacular ridge with superb views of the icy Breach Wall above and the Great Barranco gorge below. The campsite is not far from the Barranco Campsite (5-6hrs3976m (13044ft) Dinner overnight stay.
After breakfast Scramble easily to the top of the Great Barranco wall or known as Breakfast which will bring you to 4200MT at the top of Barranco wall and then a traverse over screens and ridges to the Karanga Valley campsite (3hrs, 3937mt.(13106Ft) beneath the icefalls of the Southern Glaciers, Dinner overnight.
Time: 3 Hrs.
The trail ascends a ridge to a campsite by the Barafu Campsite (BASE CAMP), an airy location with little vegetation (3hrs, 4600mt. (15331Ft) this is relatively short climb but by no means easy.
Start just after midnight for ascent of the screens leading to Stella Point (6h, 5742mt.). From here a further 45minutes-1hr.leads to Uhuru Peak 5895Mt( 19340Ft), after reach the summit Descend to the Barafu Camp for a short rest and breach before continuing downhill to Mweka camp 3100mt (10065Ft) (11-12h total walking time).
Those with energy on the summit may wish to descend to the Reutsh Crater and visit the dramatic ice pinnacles of the Eastern Ice fields.
Ascending from Base camp to Uhuru peak 5Km after summit descent back to Base camp 5KM .
Time; ascent for summit 6-7Hrs Descent back to BASE camp Barafu 3 Hrs
Distance: Downhill to Mweka Campsite from Base camp Barafu camp 12km.
Time: 4hrs down to Mweka Campsite 3-4 hrs while you are increase Oxygen dinner overnight Mweka Campsite.
This is by easiest day as it is downhill and the oxygen supply increase as you go down, you will reach Mweka Gate 1640Mt (5380Ft) at about 11:00am complete signing out and meet your driver for a short drive to your hotel in Moshi (B&B).
Our meeting point
We are open for many options depending on your flight and where you prefer to stay. Below are some options, and we can chat over our first meet point to welcome you!
1. Kilimanjaro Airport
2. in Arusha city
3. or in Moshi city
We can also help you organise buses from Nairobi or Arusha Airport. (Small fee may apply) Please let us know how we can help you.
Since we understand that planning ahead isn't always easy, to provide you with the best experience, we offer free-cancellation up to one week before departure. No questions asked.
For details, click here